Bed bugs and fleas are two common pests that can be a nuisance to homeowners. Both can be tough to get rid of, but with the appropriate technique, they can be removed from your home. This blog post will go over several efficient ways to eradicate bed bugs and fleas.
How to Spot Bed Bugs and Fleas
Bed bugs and fleas must first be identified before they may be eliminated. Bed bugs are tiny, reddish-brown insects the size of an apple seed. They are frequently discovered in mattresses, box springs, and bedding. However, fleas are little, wingless insects that can be black or brown. They are most commonly seen on animals but can also infest carpets, furniture, and bedding.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
There are various methods for eliminating bed bugs, including:
1. Vacuuming – Vacuuming can assist in the removal of bed bugs from carpets, beds, and furniture. When finished, take the empty canister or bag outdoors to throw away.
2. Heat treatment – Because bed bugs cannot withstand temperatures above 120 degrees Fahrenheit, heat treatment can efficiently eliminate them. To destroy bed bugs in clothing and bedding, use a high-heat clothes dryer, or engage a professional pest control firm that employs specialized heating equipment to treat your home.
3. Pesticides – Various pesticides can be used to kill bed bugs. Ensure to carefully follow the instructions and only use products indicated for use against bed bugs.
How to Get Rid of Fleas
Fleas can be removed in a variety of ways, including:
1. Vacuuming – Fleas and their eggs can be removed from carpets, furniture, and bedding with the help of a vacuum cleaner. When finished, take the empty canister or bag outdoors to throw away.
2. Washing – Using hot water to wash linen and pet bedding will help kill fleas and their eggs.
3. Insecticides – Fleas can be killed with a variety of insecticides. Be sure to strictly follow the directions and use only flea control products.
Must Read: Does Regular Pest Control Kill Termites?
Keeping Bed Bugs and Fleas at Bay
The easiest approach to avoid a bed bug or flea infestation is to prevent them. Here are some strategies to help keep these pests out of your home:
1. Seal gaps and crevices – Bed bugs and fleas can enter through minor cracks and crevices in your home. These should be sealed to keep pests out.
2. Keep your home clean – Clutter can be a haven for bed bugs and fleas, so keep your home clean and clutter-free.
3. Treat pets – If you have pets, regularly treat them with flea and tick prevention solutions.
4. Inspect second-hand furniture – Before bringing it into your home, thoroughly inspect it for bed bugs and fleas.
Who to Call?
Contact Hero Pest Control if you have a bed bug or flea infestation and need assistance getting rid of these pests. Our pest control experts can give efficient ways to completely rid your house of bed bugs and fleas. We are pleased with our reputation for promptness and dependability in the pest control services we offer. You can rely on the fact that we’ll do a thorough job because our team has extensive training and expertise in dealing with various pest infestations.